Friday, March 27, 2015

Balloon Favors with a Springtime Theme

Nate has had an obsession with balloons for what seems like forever. His second birthday was balloon themed and we always have a stash of them somewhere in the house.

This obsession is why I chose the Balloon Favors for Nate's Easter party at school. I was excited to try them out and recommend them IF you have the time to assemble them. I usually pick quick goodie bags and this project took me about an hour to make ten (not bad, but more time than I'm used to investing in these projects).



So how did I make them?

1. I browsed Target and Party City to find the goodies to put into the balloons. I looked for items that were small and/or could easily be folded to fit into the funnel that I would use. I also picked balloon colors that went with the Springtime theme.






I ended up with princess necklaces for the girls and superhero masks for the boys, with shared stickers, Skittle packets and Easter grass. 

2. Use a water bottle to cut a funnel out of and use that to stuff the balloons with your goodies. I put the larger items in first so there would be more room inside the balloon to fit them. 

 

3. Once the balloon was stuffed, I carefully peeled it off of the funnel and blew it up the same way I would a regular balloon. I attached a favor tag that went with the Easter / Springtime theme 


Nate loved them and had a great time popping his balloon and finding all the goodies! 





signature

No comments:

Post a Comment